Origen Art Inc. (“Origen,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) considers the privacy and protection of our users’ data, both corporate and personal, to be of the utmost importance, and we take robust measures across our business to protect the security and integrity of all such information.
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information about you:
1.1 INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
- When you register with Origen or transact or attempt to transact using Origen, you provide us with information to register and set up an account, including e-mail, name, billing and credit card information, address, date of birth, marketing preferences, and other personal information relevant to the services we provide (“Account Data”). We use this information to provide you the Services, including processing transactions, and send you Services-related notices (including any notices required by law). We may also use your Account Data and data related to your use of the Services to inform you about the Services (such as Waiting Lists, Offers, and updates to features of the Services). We may also use your Account Data for internal data processing, such as compiling statistical information about your interests and use of OrigenArt.com. As a service to you, we may also use this information to customize the content we offer on www.OrigenArt.com.
- When a prospective user seeks to enroll with Origen, you provide us with information about artists that you collect and the galleries from which you collect. We may use this information to verify the accuracy of the information you provided.
- If you correspond with or contact Origen, we may retain the content of your messages, your e-mail address, and our responses.
- If you invite or recommend a third party to enroll with Origen; we will use that individual’s e-mail address for the sole purpose of sending your invitation. To that end, you must have that individual’s permission to share their contact information with us, and if you do not have permission to share that individual’s information with us, you must not submit any such information to Origen.
1.2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU USE ORIGEN’S MOBILE APP, WWW.ORIGENART.COM, OR ORIGEN’S SERVICES
- While Origen’s mobile application (the “Origen Scanner”) does not collect information specific to you, when you use the Origen Scanner, we and our partners (including third parties such as Google or Apple) may collect aggregated information about the number of downloads of the Origen Scanner and use of the Origen Scanner. This aggregated information, which we do not tie to your personal information, helps us improve your experience, analyze products and services, and better understand our users’ activity on the Origen Scanner. In addition, while we do not track all attempts to scan an Origen tag, all successful scans are stored in Origen’s database of artworks.
- You can set your web browser to refuse all cookies. Some of our Services, however, may not operate properly without these technologies. For example, some of the cookies are necessary to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Other cookies and technologies allow the website to remember the choices you made (such as your user name) and to provide enhanced, more personal features (for example, remembering Waiting List alerts you requested).
- When you visit Origen’s websites (OrigenArt.com and www.Origen.art), we may collect information about your computer, including your internet address, operating system and browser type when you visit us. Your internet address is used to help identify and gather statistical or demographic information about our customers generally. We also use this information for internal system administration to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our website, and to administer the customer or user experience.
2. HOW WE USE OR SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION – Origen may retain certain information about you to ensure that you do not create multiple user accounts, in violation of our Terms of Service;
Origen will not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to others and will not share it with others, except as follows:
- Origen may disclose such information (a) if we are required to do so by law or subpoena, (b) to enforce the terms of our policies; or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or safety of Origen, our Users, or others.
- Origen may need to retain and disclose certain information about you to regulatory authorities and to appropriate agencies to conduct anti-money laundering and trade sanction checks and to assist with fraud prevention.
- Origen may share your information with trusted third party service providers that Origen has contracted with to provide you the Services (for example, third party shipping services).
- Origen may share your name, e-mail address, and interest in or purchase of certain artworks with third parties such as art galleries, but only when you elect to be identifiable to that art gallery, in accordance with our Terms of Service.
- If you join a Waiting List, your username may be displayed to the owner of the artwork. We will not share other personally identifiable information with that person (such as your given name or e-mail address). By choosing to “Join Waiting List,” you consent to receiving e-mail notifications from Origen about the availability of that artwork.
- If you transact on Origen, it is possible that your zip code may be shown to the buyer or seller of the artwork in question. We will not share other personally identifiable information with that person (such as your given name or e-mail address).
- If you seek to enroll with Origen and list in the enrollment form the artists and corresponding galleries from which you collect, we may share your name with those galleries to verify the accuracy of the information you provided.
- Origen may de-identify your personally identifiable information or aggregate information about how you use the Services with usage data from other Users. Origen may share such de-identified or aggregate usage data with its partners (but not in a manner that would identify you as an individual person).
- Origen may transfer such information if Origen is acquired as a business or if its assets are sold, as is typical when a business is acquired or merged.
3. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Origen employs well-established security measures to safeguard our systems and your information. However, we cannot control all the individuals and activities on the internet and elsewhere, and therefore cannot guarantee that such information will never be compromised.
4. NOTE TO PARENTS OR GUARDIANS
Origen’s Websites and Services are not intended for use by children, and we do not knowingly or intentionally solicit data from or market to children under the age of 18. Origen reserves the right to delete the child’s information and child’s registration on the Websites.
5. LINKS TO EXTERNAL SERVERS AND OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
6. NOTIFICATION PROCEDURES
It is our policy to provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for marketing or other business related purposes, to you via e-mail notice, through posting of such notice on our websites, or by other reasonable means, as determined by Origen in its sole discretion. We reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to you.
7. U.S. BASED SERVICES
Our center of operation is in the United States. Your data is held in the United States and transactions are processed in US Dollars on servers in the United States. As such, all data is held in accordance with United States laws and procedures which differ from those in other regions of the world, such as the European Union. By using our Services, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to these data policies. If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
8. FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS ONLY
If you are a resident of California as defined in Section 17014 of Title 18 of the California Code of Regulations, you may have additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. For more information regarding the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, please visit their website here.